The holiday season will be here before we know it! We’re already seeing Christmas decorations in the stores and gift flyers in the newspaper. Family gatherings and parties are a big part of the celebration, but they can cause a lot of stress – especially if your house feels dingy and outdated. The good news: You still have time to get your home ready before the madness begins. Here are a few ideas to help you get over that stress and enjoy the holidays more this year.
Easy holiday bathroom updates
OK, so an olive-green bathtub might seem more festive for the next month or so, but the rest of the year it’s just an eyesore. It’s hard to justify the cost of replacing a tub or shower with all your other holiday bills. Plus, you don’t need the hassle of contractors in your house while you’re busy with holiday preparations. Never fear! There is a solution. Your bathroom can look like it belongs in a magazine with these quick, affordable strategies.
- Refinish that tub, shower and sink instead of replacing them. Imagine what bright, shiny fixtures would do to improve the look of your bathroom. The best news? Fox Valley Bathtub Refinishing can usually refinish your tub, shower or sink in a day or less, minimizing the disruption to your holiday preparations. It’s a very affordable option, too.
- Add unexpected bright holiday touches like a group of candles. (LEDs are safer, especially if you have kids.) Try hanging a fragrant eucalyptus wreath above the toilet and trim it in white to match your refinished tub. A bright dish of holiday-scented potpourri can add a festive touch to even the smallest powder room.
A holiday buffet-worthy kitchen
Where does everyone gather at parties? The kitchen! You worked so hard to get your holiday decorations just right in the living room and family room, and no one’s in there. Why fight it? Look at these ideas for making your kitchen a great place for your buffet.
- Did you know your chipped, dated countertops can be updated quickly and easily, and without the expense and hassle of replacing them? Fox Valley Bathtub Refinishing also refinishes countertops. There are lots of finishes to choose from, many of which look like real stone.
- If you have outdoor-facing window or door in the kitchen, hang your wreath on the inside. Battery-operated LED lights are a great addition that will create a nice glow in the kitchen, even when the overhead lights aren’t on.
- You can find some beautiful vintage linens at thrift stores, garage sales and flea markets. Mix unmatched napkins on the buffet for a festive look.
The best advice – keep it simple, avoid the stress and celebrate with the people you love. We’re here to help you get that bathroom bright and shiny and those kitchen counters ready for your buffet. Give us a call today to get your bath and kitchen refinished in time to enjoy them this holiday season.